Meet Dr. Iarz
Naturopathy, also known as naturopathic medicine, is an alternative to the traditional medical system and focuses on identifying and treating the root cause of symptoms. Naturopathic doctors focus on finding and treating the root cause of a disease or condition rather than masking symptoms with prescription drugs. Naturopathic doctors utilize a vast array of tools and technology to identify and treat many common illnesses and conditions.
Your Pickering Naturopath is trained in acupuncture, botanic and physical medicine, nutrition and homeopathy.
Naturopathic treatment Pickering can be effectively used on its own as a form of primary health care or as a complement to conventional medicine with your Pickering naturopathic doctor working alongside your other health care providers.
Naturopathic medicine is distinguished by its guiding principles:
- to always respect and support the innate capacity of the body to heal itself
- to select the most gentle and least invasive methods of treatment in order to minimize the potential for side effects
- to treat the underlying cause of the disease not just relieve or mask symptoms
- to treat the whole person including their physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, environmental and social health
- to help individuals become aware of and responsible for their own health
- to use preventative measures to assure continued health
As with conventional medical studies, naturopathic students attend a four-year graduate level naturopathic medical school followed by North American Board Examinations which they must pass to receive their license. As well as the basic, clinical and diagnostic sciences, naturopathic students also receive expert training in the use of clinical nutrition, botanical medicine, homeopathy, traditional Chinese medicine, hydrotherapy and lifestyle counseling.
Can naturopathic medicine help you?
- Allergies + Asthma
- Fibrocystic Breast Disease
- Menstrual Disorders
- Skin Diseases
- Skin Diseases
- Ear Infections
- Immune Deficiences
- High Cholesterol
- Stress Management
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Chronic Fatigue
- Weight Loss
Naturopathy Pickering is a comprehensive and integrated approach to health care that bridges the gap between modern conventional medicine and traditional healing therapies. It is both an art and a science in its use of natural medicines and therapies to diagnose, treat and prevent illness.