Physiotherapy helps to develop, maintain, and restore maximum movement, function and performance. By identifying the underlying cause of injury or pain that affects performance, we provide rehabilitation programs, improved joint mobility, muscle strength, endurance and balance.
Your Pickering physiotherapist combines ultimate expertise of how the body works with specialized hands-on clinical skills to assess and treat symptoms of illness, injury or disability. Physiotherapists also prescribe personalized therapeutic exercises, and provide essential education about the body, how to restore mobility and independence, and how to prevent future injury and improve overall wellness and aging.
Headed by our expert Registered Physiotherapist, our advanced Physiotherapy team can assist you in overcoming a variety of physical conditions including joint and muscle pain, chronic conditions, neurological issues and weight management.
Physiotherapy is effective in the treatment of:
- Athletic injuries
- Muscle strains + sprains
- Back + neck pain (e.g., disc injuries, whiplash)
- Post-surgical conditions (e.g., fractures, joint replacement, ligament repair)
- Car Accident Rehabilitation
- Poor posture
- Chronic injuries (e.g., Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, ITB Syndrome)
- Repetitive strain and overuse injuries (e.g. rotator cuff tears, tennis elbow)
- Sciatica / Nerve damage
- Age related disease (e.g., Osteoporosis, Arthritis)
- Metabolic Disease + Diabetes
- Frozen shoulder
- Pre + Post Natal Rehabilitation
Our team of qualified physiotherapists in Pickering are experts in traditional and modern treatment techniques. As part of your recovery plan, you may choose to incorporate additional therapies and treatment options, such as:
- Manual therapy
- Orthopaedic assessments
- Strength + conditioning
- Therapeutic modalities
Although you may seek physiotherapy treatment for a specific reason, the Pickering Physiotherapy Clinic team will provide you with the following benefits and outcomes:
Benefits of advanced physiotherapy:
- Decreased pain
- Improved joint mobility and range of motion
- Improved strength and flexibility
- Improved overall metabolic, cardiovascular and weight management
Outcomes of advanced physiotherapy:
- Regained function and the freedom to do activities in your home, workplace, school, and community
- Restored ability to participate in sports, hobbies, and leisure activities
- Restored independence and overall physical well-being
Learn more about your options, or book an appointment for the best physiotherapy clinic in Pickering.